1. I got an unexpected paycheck today. This means, I can not only buy myself food and stop trying to subsist on curly fries and quesadillas from the Pub, but I can buy Eternal Sunshine tomorrow. And that is a wonderful thing.
2. I heart Zach Braff so much. Onto more important things: I really enjoy washing my car in those "pull your car into the stall and rent our water, hose, brush and vacuum" places. I don't know why, but there's something very cathartic about it. If you've never tried it, give it a try. I recommend going alone, cause if you go with someone else, you're gonna be all in your head if it's someone from the opposite sex about whether or not you should go for the "slow-motion chewing gum commercial moment" and spray them with the hose. So go with someone of the same sex. Unless your gay, then you're stuck with the hose problem again. (no pun intended) Hmmm. Fuck it, just go alone. Why do you always have to do things with other people; being alone is refreshing. Washing your own car allows you to quiet your mind for 10 minutes (or more if you have enough quarters).
For the five of you on my flist that don't read his blog
, go! Do it! He makes me happy when skies are gray. (He loves Fiona! But apparently her people don't love him, which makes me sad. How awesome would it have been to have Paper Bag in the movie?)
3. I'm a little more than halfway through HP:OotP, and the more and more I read the more and more sad it's making me and the less and less I can stop cause I need to get to the end when things are at least partway resolved and the world doesn't suck so much. Although, at this point, I'm not holding out much hope for that to happen.
4. I love Eric Hutchinson
, and I'm totally gonna see him live again soon. His email newsletter thing is hi-larious. :) The Bad:
1. Now that I have money, it turns out I could have said no to working on Friday night. And that pisses. me. off. I hate working on Fridays, especially since this Friday I am missing three very cool things that are way better than watching a brat four-year-old for 5.5 hours. First, I missing the sukkot dinner (is that how you spell it?) at Chava's house that all my friends are going to, and how awesome would that be? Secondly I missing both a free showing on campus of Spider-man 2, and the first film in this month's Hitchcock Festival at the Arts Center on Main St. And not just the first film, I missing Rope, which is my very favorite Hitchcock film. Ever.
Which makes me mad cause I wasn't even counting on them to show it, and then they have to tease me by putting it up on the billboard the night I work. Grrrr.
2. Also, Tom McRae is playing in DC tomorrow night apparently, and guess what I have to do instead of going? That's right. Watch the brat kid. Arrrrrgh.
3. I took a three hour nap today and woke up feeling almost worse than I did when I fell asleep because I hadn't eaten anything all day. Grarrr.The Ugly
1. My Internet still isn't on, and the Information Services people haven't been terribly helpful. Basically, they turned it off on Friday afternoon without telling me why and without giving me any notice and did it when they knew I wouldn't be able to do anything about it for two and a half days. I saw the lady today and she gave me a bunch of adaware stuff that I mostly already have, but other than that she hasn't been much help in telling me when I'm getting service back in my room. And I swear if she gives me that condescending smile again tomorrow it will not be pretty.